In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Vending Wishes.”
I have rarely seen the concept of Vending Machines in India. Or maybe I have been very obtuse about it. But the whole concept of Vending Machines definitely intrigues me. If I get to posses such a wonderful machine, I will be truly living a wonderful fantasy. I can totally imagine a whole Cloudy with a chance of meatball scenario playing in my head. And that will definitely be awesome. But I want to be part of the community for reasons that can be described as meaningful. So my Machine will also reflect the same.
As a medico, I have seen deprivation when it comes to basic human needs. The criterias which will be accepted by awesome machine will provide the following:
- Good, clean, healthy food for one and all;
- Basic items such as sanitary napkins for the ladies;
- Medicines which are free and accessible;
- Education materials for the children to improve literacy rate;
- Free contraceptives for men and women, keeping the growing population of India in mind.
Limitations of my machine, for making lives comfortable and peaceful:
- No money will ever be provided by the machine. I respect hard work and the money that is earned in such a way.
- No guns and ammunitions. My machine will never be responsible for blood loss.
I know I am putting forward a very idealistic version of a simple fantasy. If I have to ask for candies then I would ask for shoes. But candies do not exactly sweeten the harsh dose that life often provides.
How does my vending machine sound?